Welcome to the #1 Volvo XC40 Forum and Volvo XC40 community dedicated to Volvo XC40 owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Volvo XC40 Forum today!

Hi all... potential XC40 (maybe T8 Recharge) owner

nickc72

Reactions
City
Preston
State
Non-US
Country
United Kingdom
What I Drive
nothing
Finally my company car people have accepted back my Peugeot 3008 Hybrid4 300 GT after 10 months of horrific experience. Driven less than 1k miles, 6 or more times into the dealers with problems, once for 2 months, total of 3 months. Still actually not fixed after all that with no clear way forward. PHEV EV mode major issues (x3) and safety involved water ingress to name a few. Not to mention some of the tech came from 1995. Pretty much carbage especially for a 48k car.

So I need a temporary car whilst my order is prepared. I'll try for a Volvo in both cases. You know what you are getting, solid, well engineered, good customer care, very safe, highly functional, just as it all should be. Previous Merc owner here.

Looking at the XC40 T8 Recharge, C40 Recharge (I think that's what it is called), possibly Polestar 2 but not so sure. Was originally going to get the XC60 Twin Engine Inscription but went for the 3008 hybrid4 based on lower monthly cost from my allowance and much better mpg in ICE mode. What was a mistake.

Anyway, great to meet you all. Any tips or things to select as options or any pitfalls to avoid then these will be greatly appreciated. Just point me in the right direction.

Based in the UK.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk